Carrying on from last months interview, I approached Michael Adams who runs a very successful UK based men’s fashion and lifestyle blog in Newcastle. As I said before there’s a genuine lack of male fashion bloggers, especially in the United Kingdom and I believe it’s important to understand the way they manage their individual content and promotion techniques. He was kind enough to take some time out of his day and answer a few questions:
1. Hi Michael – please tell us what my readers could expect on your blog Michael84 ?
Hi Matt 🙂 Michael 84 is a men’s fashion and lifestyle blog which features everything from mainstream fashion to daily life of a typical young guy.
2. How did you come up with the name?
The name of the blog is my own name, with my year of birth at the end, Michael 84 🙂
3. What made you decide to start blogging about fashion in the first place?
I started buying a lot of clothes and getting into high street fashion and high end ‘luxe’ street wear. I decided to make that one of the main focuses of my blog.
4. How do you promote your blog content to generate more readers?
I use Twitter a lot to promote my posts, and Facebook too
5. What do you like most about blogging in fashion?
I like writing about what fashion I have bought, what brands I like and have my eye on, and writing advice and tips for other guys.
6. What do you prefer to write about on your blog, whats most enjoyable?
I enjoy writing about all things on my blog, it always differs; I could be writing a fragrance review which I have bought, writing about a brand’s look book or giving blogging advice; I enjoy all aspects of it.
7. Do you read many other men’s fashion blogs? If so, which ones?
I don’t really read too many men’s fashion blogs because they are quite extreme in terms of the fashion they blog about; Lots of catwalks, vintage and ultra formal which is not the typical guy thing. I do dip in and out of Hypebeast and follow things like GQ on social media.
8. Why do you think there are so few well known men’s fashion blogs in comparison to women’s?
There are so few well known because there are so few in comparison. Many of the well known males in fashion blogging usually write about Women’s fashion, e.g. BryanBoy. Fashion is also quite female orientated in comparison to other niches.
9. Where do you get your inspiration from when writing blog posts?
Inspiration can come from a lot of things; from browsing online stores to an outfit post or writing a review of something I’ve used or somewhere I’ve been.
10. What’s on the cards over the next 12 months for Michael84?
More of the same! Lots of fashion, men’s lifestyle, fragrance reviews, nightlife reviews, and advice for bloggers.
11. Your top 3 favourite brands?
I like so many brands, and it depends on what kind of style I am wearing, but I usually love brands like Armani Jeans, Hugo Boss and Nudie Jeans.
12. If you could buy 1 item of clothing right now and money wasn’t an issue what would it be?
It would probably be a Belstaff or Hugo Boss leather jacket.
Many thanks again to Michael Adams from Michael84 for agreeing to take part.